Deep leveled menu for DNN Foundation Skin

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:58 AM
Just got into the DNN Foundastion Skin - pity Geoff abandoned it though for the sake of Bootstrapper on his company website - but it lacked deep-leveled menu.

So I came up with additional code to be inserted in the ULXSLT.xslt file between <xsl:when test="$level=0"> ... </xsl:when> and <xsl:otherwise>... </xsl:otherwise> nodes:
            <xsl:when test="$level=1">   

<li>          
          <xsl:attribute name="class">
            <xsl:if test="@breadcrumb = 1">active</xsl:if>
            <xsl:if test="node"> has-dropdown</xsl:if>
          </xsl:attribute>      

<xsl:choose>            
            <xsl:when test="@enabled = 1">
              <a href="{@url}"><xsl:value-of select="@text" /></a>
            </xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>
              <xsl:value-of select="@text" />
            </xsl:otherwise>             
          </xsl:choose>              

<xsl:if test="node">
            <ul class="dropdown">
              <xsl:apply-templates select="node">
                <xsl:with-param name="level" select="$level + 0" />
              </xsl:apply-templates>
            </ul>
          </xsl:if>          

</li>    

</xsl:when>
It works for me alright for 4-levels deep menu so feel free to add that to the file.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Hi Greg,

First thanks for the contribution to the project. I will try to add this to the downloads on Codeplex as soon as I can.

With my workload at the moment it is very hard to find the time to do this, also the plan is to move the project over to Github so that it is inline with the Dnn projects and framework.

To reply to your comment on abandoning to project, this is not entirely true,.......

Because I have used the Bootstrap framework on my Biz site doesn't mean that I have abandoned the Foundation framework or the DnnC Foundation skin.

There are also many other frameworks out there and we are in the middle of looking into a Material design framework skin for Dnn as well.

I have also noticed over the past 2 months, there are other people using the DnnC Foundation skin, more than I thought which I am very happy to see.

My goal with this skin was to make people aware that there are other frameworks other than Bootstrap available and that the Dnn framework is not only dependable on Bootstrap.

With the up and coming release of the Zurb Foundation 6 I think it is wiser to wait until this release and create a new skin based on the new version, therefore promoting an alternative to Bootstrap.

Best regards,

Geoff.
Oct 28, 2015 at 4:07 PM
Agreed in full length. Thanks.